Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to my sister

Hi

Today is my sister's birthday.   I am sending a letter to her to tell her how I have been missing her and how I have felt and why I feel that we are forever connected as brother and sister and as Witches and maybe she will read it and call.    who knows.   It's my last attempt to even try.   

The Vegan discussion has reared it's ugly head again in The Pagan communities.   Should we be Vegan or at least Vegetarian if we call ourselves protectors of the wild, protectors of the Earth?

In my opinion, Yes.    I was Vegan until mom went into the hospice and then try being Vegan in a small town like Kingman Arizona?   I had to survive and so I did what I had to do to make it to the next level of my life, nothing wrong with that but then I met Don who will not even try Vegan foods-well, that's not true, I did manage to get him to try the Veganaise and the Daiya cheese and he loved that and also the tofutti sour cream which is the BOMB!

To me it all boils down to the rede again.   does the rede say an it harm NONE or an it harm No-One.   Then again you have people today saying the rede is counsel or advice (which is what rede means) and that it's not a steadfast and hard rule which is a contradiction to how I was raised of course.

Wicca is becoming ANYTHING you want it to be.  It's watered down BIG Time!    Like Iv'e said before, I am a hard core all or nothing kind of person, I feel that if it harms, it's wrong.  

My aunt Helen believed that we should live our best lives while doing AS LITTLE HARM AS POSSIBLE.   Yes, I have to exist, I have to live so this means that I have to kill, I kill organisms every second of my life and if I see a cockroach in my kitchen, It's dead!

But 

I will not go out into the forest and kill snakes even though I am scared to death of them, I will respect their own space and not do them harm, I will not do purposeful harm, I do not smoke for this reason, I also am not into drugs, I don't do curses or hexes, I don't steal and I try not to lie.   

This is why I do not belong and fit into the Pagan community as a whole and I have no interest in ever fitting in, I am who I am and I like who I am.   The End.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment