Monday, July 18, 2011

Holy Holy Holy....

Hi!

Ritual and Celebrations!

I was raised with Random Ritual Days.  

These are a test to our Path.   Since they are Random.

See...Let's say you had a picnic planned for today and then The die reveals that it's a random ritual day, what is more important to you?

To a Witch on the path I was raised in, Connecting to our own Inner/Deeper Selves and Connecting on a regular basis to The Goddess should be the MOST Important aspect of our lives but to some people, they would go on the picnic, people have a way of rationalizing their beliefs and practices so that their beliefs conform to them and not so that they conform to their beliefs which is how it should really be.

What about the Traditional Holy days and Wheel of The Year?

I was not raised with it.   I was raised to honor Halloween and Yes we called it Halloween, Not Samhain.    Though I do understand the origins of calling it that.   My sister calls it that.   I applaud her for it.   :)

A lot of the Wheel of The Year is based on the Mythology of Gods and Goddesses found in various cultures, The Goddess had sex with someone and gave birth to a son and then he grew up and she died and she had sex and died and who knows what happened to her next, they act like The Goddess is a real person who can have sex and can feel pain and can experience lust and death.   

This is where I diverge greatly from Wicca in that I see The Goddess as The Universe/Nature but she is NOT alive in the sense that we are, she is The Natural energies that flow through everything in Nature, she is the sun and the moon and the stars and the wind and the trees, the storms and the snakes, the earthquakes and the human beings.

The Goddess is my Queen.   She is The All and Is in The All.

Random Ritual days for me are a way for me to connect on a deeper level with Nature.   

Full Moons and New Moons are wonderful but see, to me, EVERY day is Sacred, EVERY Moon, EVERY Star, I do not see the point of making one day over another day more holy than the other, so for me I will stick with my random rituals.

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment