Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Goddess and.... The.... God?

Hi!

So....

This post might be pretty hard for me, we will see.

I was raised with a belief that there is a Universal Creator.  This Creator is male and female-well really, Neither.   This Creator had attributes that were of all living creatures.  The Creator is in all things Natural and is all things Natural.   This Creator is NOTHING like that of other religions, though I now know of Christianity, I was not raised with it in my life and I never really knew much about them or their beliefs until I was 17.

The Goddess and The God are not judgemental assholes who decide that nearly every choice we can make in our lives is a 'sin'   In Wicca, there really is no such thing as sin, there are good choices which have rewards that are both mundane such as having good people around us and magical consequences such as whatever we send out will come back on us and there are bad choices-having users and abusers in our lives and of course the returns against us can be devastating.    There is No sin.   There is no eternal damnation for making mistakes.  If you fuck up, The law of return gets you almost right away and it's usually from my experience to be times TEN!   Not Three which is popular among most of my fellow Witches!

The word God to me is a dirty word because I am so used to being around Christians and their concept of God so that now when someone says to me, do you believe in God?    I knee jerk react and say NO.    Truth is...I believe in The Creator.     Whatever that is, whatever sex, color, sexuality it is, I believe it is.   

I will often call This Creator, The Goddess though because like candle colors and other tools I spoke about in the last post, this is what feels right to me and that alone gives it power and meaning, The Goddess to me is Nature, The Universe and deserves religious honor and respect but in REALITY if Pressed I would reveal to believe in Both male and female energies so no I am NOT a Monotheist.

I am some kind of Pantheistic animist.   A Duotheist?     I do not know, I do not care.   I am what I am.     :)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment